Entrepreneurs from Italy, the Czech Republic and Nepal are among those who’ll sit on this year’s international panel at the 5th Annual NoCo Hemp Expo, April 6-7 in Loveland, Colorado, USA.
“These industry leaders are advancing the community supported agriculture model, and all of them walk the walk on public service,” said Kehrt Reyher of HempToday, who will moderate the session at NoCo. “We want to spotlight how these great companies are creating jobs and innovating to build up local economies based on hemp.”
Speakers on the NoCo international panel so far are:
Rachele Invernizzi, president at SouthHemp Tecno srl, a processor in Crispiano Taranto in southern Italy. She guided the development of a decortication factory that went on line in 2015, and her company incubates new hemp businesses. Invernizzi also is a founding partner of Federcanapa, the Italian federation that backs hemp initiatives throughout Italy’s regions and which last year organized a first international hemp expo and seminar, Salone Internazionale della Canapa in Milan.
Hana Gabrielova, European hemp veteran and founder and CEO at Hempoint, Czech Republic, a vertically integrated organic hemp farmer and food innovator and one of Europe’s leading hemp consultancies. Gabrielova works directly with local farmers and contractors in creating a constantly evolving line of hemp food products from farm to shelf. She is accredited by the Czech Ministry of Agriculture as an adviser in organic farming with a specialization in hemp. She also serves the International Cannabis and Cannabinoids Institute (ICCI) on matters related to Patient Focused Certification (PFC) standards for cannabis.
Dhiraj K. Shah is a co-founder with his wife Nivedita of Shah Hemp Inno-Ventures (SHIV), Kathmandu. The couple returned from Europe to Shah’s native Nepal following the massive 2015 earthquake and immediately began processing straw from hemp “wildcrop” for use in building hempcrete homes for the country’s impoverished “untouchables.” The company has since expanded into a number of hemp products in health & beauty and textiles. Through the company’s “hEmpowering Bottom Up” initiative, SHIV works to advance economic and social development among Nepalese women.
Notes on NoCo
• PureHemp Technology, Lupton, Colorado, is this year’s Presenting Sponsor at NoCo. PureHemp is an innovator in the production, branding and marketing of industrial hemp products.
• A Special International Edition of HempToday will be printed for NoCo, with a reservation deadline of Feb. 15.
• NoCo this year features an expanded Hemp Summit and a new Farm and Agricultural Symposium
• Other sponsors for this year’s NoCo5 include: Sub-Zero Extracts, Palmetto Harmony, Lilu’s Garden, and Hoban Law Group.
• A Global Hemp Village section on the Expo floor for the second year will feature HempBoutique, a pop-up shop displaying products from around the world.
• Tickets and registration are available for the NoCo Hemp Expo, Farm & Ag Symposium, Industry B2B Day, the Hemp Summit, and to the general public at http://nocohempexpo.com/ticket-sales/. For speaker, sponsor, exhibitor and volunteer inquiries, visit http://nocohempexpo.com/registration-noco5/.