Nine products will vie for “Hemp Product of the Year” honors during this year’s European Industrial Hemp Association’s (EIHA) 15th annual conference June 12-13 in Cologne. The competition, in its inaugural edition, aims to promote innovative applications and markets for industrial hemp-based products.
The award is sponsored by HempConsult GmbH, the Dusseldorf-based consultancy.
Delegates will vote winners
A jury of representatives from the EIHA advisory board, Germany’s nova-Institute, and sponsors of the annual conference nominated nine entries in three categories. The nominatees will give 10-minute presentations on June 12, Day 1 of the conference. Conference delegates will then vote the winners, who will be announced during a ceremony that same evening.
The nominated companies also will will have their innovations in display in a shared exhibition space provided by the nova-Institute during the conference.
Drumroll . . .
The nominees (fully described here), by category, are:
Hemp textiles & biocomposites:
• Konoplex Ltd (Russia): Non-woven insulation for textiles
• Møllerup Brands A/S (Denmark): Tiny Garden Root Gift Set
• Van.Eko BV (The Netherlands): Be.e Electric Scooter
• Annabis, s.r.o. (Czech Republic): Balcann organic hemp ointment
• Canah International SRL (Romania): QUNABU by CANAH
• Møllerup Brands A/S (Denmark): Stress Relief Facial Oil
• Baltic NFS Ltd (Latvia): Latvian Hemp Halva
• Hanf-Zeit (Germany): Spirit of Hemp Roots
• Møllerup Brands A/S (Denmark): Organic Hemp Mustard