Organizers have set the lineup of speakers for this year’s Asian Hemp Summit. Hemp stakeholders from around the globe will gather for the second annual Summit, to be held Jan. 31-Feb. 1, 2020 in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The Summit will unite entrepreneurs, politicians, development agencies, researchers, environmental groups, retailers, and private hemp enthusiasts to explore the ever-expanding potential of Asian nations in hemp production as well as the vast consumer markets across the continent.
Sessions on market development around the world, entrepreneurship, investing and public service will highlight the event, which also will feature presentations covering a wide range of hemp sectors and hemp-specific processing technology along with reports on select Asian countries.
Awards for innovation
Up to five honorees will be selected from among researchers & business students, startups and other early-stage initiatives. The top prize winner will receive a free accreditation and accommodation at the Summit and make a 15-minute presentation to attendees. The application deadline for the Entrepreneur Rewards Program competition is Friday, Jan. 10, with winners to be announced Monday, Jan. 13. Enterprise Hemp, an online business matchmaker, is the sponsor of the Entrepreneur Rewards Program.
The Summit also will feature HempToday Boutique, a traveling pop-up showroom adjacent to the main Summit hall that will feature hemp products from around the world. The HempToday Boutique has been featured in the past at NoCo Hemp Expo in Colorado, USA, the European Industrial Hemp Association’s annual conference and the Latin-American & Caribbean Hemp Summit.
Speakers and topics for the Asian Hemp Summit 2020:
- Kehrt Reyher, HempToday; “Industry Overview & Global Hemp Hotspots.”
- Daniel Kruse, Hempro Int. GmbH & HempConsult GmbH, Germany; “HempConsult GmbH: Key Markets, Key Indicators: Data for a Growing Industry”; plus “EIHA: Industry Voice for Europe & the World”
- Nando Knodel, Monophases SRL, Germany; “A Hemp Commodity Trading Platform, and Modern Technologies Applied to the Hemp Supply Chain.”
- Sanford Stein, Lowis & Gellen LLP; Cannabis Law LLC, USA; “How to Achieve a Successful National Legislative, Compliance & Regulatory Program”
- Quanuquanei ‘Q.’ Karmue, Save More Kids, Inc., Liberia; “Hemp’s Promise for Liberia and Sub-Saharan Africa”
- Hana Gabrielova, Hempoint, Czech Republic; “Hemp as an important tool for European Green Deal and SDG’s”
- Wolf Jordan, Wolf Jordan & Co., Belgium; “Hemp for Reinventing Agriculture, Our Economy and Our Lifestyle”
- Bilabh Shrestha, Cosmic Annunaki, Nepal, “Turning Hemp Stalks into Edible Charcoal”
- Daniel Kruse, Hempro Int. GmbH & HempConsult GmbH, Germany; “Solar Powered Hemp Factory & the MultiCombine HC 3400 Hemp Harvester”
- Kehrt Reyher, HempToday; “The HurdMaster 1000 Hemp Micro-Decorticator & Henry’s Hemp Harvester for Small & Mid-Size Farms”
- Mohamad Johan, MHIRA – Malaysia HempTech Industrial Research Association; “Malaysia’s Effort Toward Linking UN’s Sustainable Development Goals & Industrial Hemp”
- Nivedita Bansal Shah, SHIV, India, Nepal; “Indian Hemp 2020: Country Overview & Update”
- Thomas Kloepfer, Pitchfork Farms, Japan (USA); “Hemp in Japan, Past, Present, Future: Research Report: Nepal”
- Anar Artur, HempMongolia; “Update on the HempMongolia Project and Developments in Mongolia”
- Eline Verheul, Ceylon Hemp Effect, Sri Lanka “Country profile: Sri Lanka”
- Muhammed A Qayyum, Fytocina SL, Spain & Pakistan; “Cannabis in Pakistan: Historical and Legal Perspectives”
- Patryk Czech, Afori, sp. z. o.o, Poland; “Technology for Mastering the CBD Value Chain”
- Robin Destiche, U.S. Hemp Brokerage LLC, USA; “Sourcing Asian Hemp Goods for Sectors Seeking Sustainability
- “Dhiraj K. Shah, Shah Hemp Inno-Ventures, Nepal: “Industrial Hemp’s Promise for Developing Nations”
Sponsors already signed up in support of the Asian Hemp Summit are High Grade Hemp Seeds Inc. (HGH) of the USA, HempConsult GmbH of Germany, Ulaanbaatar-based startup HempMongolia, and U.S. Hemp Brokerage LLC. Organizers of the Summit are HempToday, Shah Hemp Inno-Ventures, Nepal, and Czech-based Hempoint, a vertically integrated hemp producer and consultancy.