Hemp nutrition and the benefits of CBD are among a wide range of hemp-related topics on the schedule for this year’s Expocáñamo, which marks its fourth edition Friday-Sunday, May 11-13, 2018 in Seville. A special Industrial Hemp Forum set for Sunday has been expanded this year.
Spanish stakeholders will turn their attention to the role of women in the cannabis sector on the opening day. Attorney and cannabis industry consultant Raquel Galiano will address that topic during a Friday session.
Also on Friday, Patricia Amiguet of Red Estatal de Mujeres Antiprohibicionistas (REMA) (the State Network of Women Anti-Prohibitionists) will moderate a panel featuring leading cannabis activist Fernanda de la Figuera; Libertad Peñalosa of Comisión de Estudio para la Regulación del Cannabis en Andalucía (CERCA) (The Study Commission for the Regulation of Cannabis in Andalusia); and Elisabeth Céspedes of the Sevillian company Mariadelajuana. Discussion will trace the women’s experiences in the industry and how the sector has evolved in terms of integration and equality.
Looking for fair regulations
Opening Saturday’s program, Bernardo Soriano, of the Responsible Regulation platform will moderate a session among authorities from different Spanish political parties and explore costs linked to the prohibition of cannabis as well as strategies being undertaken by civil society to create fair regulations for both consumers and society as a whole.
Other speakers set for Saturday, May 12 include:
• Dr. Luis Miguel Torres, who will present research into the use of CBD vs. opiates for the treatment of acute and chronic pain.
• Therapists Antonio Cabello and Rafael Alsina, who will talk about the importance of hemp in nutrition and the anti-aging properties of hemp compounds
• Estefanía Almenar, Reakiro Iberica, who will review CBD’s health benefits
Overview on Uruguay
Paco Mascaraque, CEO at Infocannabis, will open the special Industrial Hemp Forum set Sunday, May 13 with a discussion of investment opportunities in cannabis and hemp companies during an overview of the sector in Uruguay.
Also in the Hemp Forum:
• Emilio Petrucci of the Italian company Hesalis, who’ll give an analysis of the socio-economics of the industry in a presentation called “’Cannabis light’ and the loss of identity.”
• Architect Miguel Martinez de Morentin who will present the Canapalea construction project and give an overview of the hemp building industry and hemp-based construction products.
• Xaquín Acosta, Dana Agronomics, Spain, who’ll talk about hemp cultivation in Spain.
• Juan Peralta, Gea Biopharma, who will present fusion cuisine based on hemp and cannabis.
• José Troca, nutritionist at Clinic Nutrition, who will talk about the nutritional properties of hemp and the benefits of adding it to the daily diet.
Innovation award finalists named
Two finalists have been named in Expocanamo’s innovation competition this year. The finalists will present their creations on Sunday, May 13, the concluding day of the Expo.
Henry Wieker, H8 Automation, Germany, will present his hemp bud stripper technology; the second finalist, José Carlos Losada, Spain, will present the “Casa Adama Project,” a house made from pre-fabricated hempcrete blocks from Granada-based Cannabric.
A jury of hemp experts, professionals and other stakeholders from Seville and Andalusia will determine the winner, who will receive a €1,000 prize.
Exhibitors who’ll take up a special hemp section on the Expo floor will be showing off products in food, health & beauty, textiles and construction materials as well as machinery for hemp harvesting and processing.