Six products will vie for “Hemp Product of the Year” honors during this year’s European Industrial Hemp Association’s (EIHA) 16th Annual Conference June 4-5 in Cologne. The competition, in its second year, aims to promote innovative applications and markets for industrial hemp-based products. The award is sponsored by Dutch hemp firm HempFlax.
A jury of representatives from the EIHA advisory board and sponsors of the annual conference selected the nominees from among 30 entries. They will give short presentations on Day 1 of the conference. Conference delegates will then vote the winners, who will be announced during a ceremony that same evening.
The nominated companies also will have their innovations on display in a shared exhibition space provided by nova-Institute, the conference organizer, during the run of the two-day event. The exhibition, which will host 27 hemp companies, is fully booked.
The nominees and their entries are:
- Academy of Design and Crafts Münster (Germany): Light Sculptures Monas made of hemp cellulose.
- BAFA Neu GmbH (Germany): Absolute HempProtein with over 70% complete protein.
- Hanfling (Germany) – Hanfling Bombay – Hanfling Chorizo, a tofu and hemp organic, vegan friendly food product in 3 flavors that can be used as a patty for a burger or otherwise prepared.
- Hempster HB (Sweden): Raw Vegan Shake, designed to optimize the nutritional benefit of hemp seeds.
- Hemptouch d.o.o. (Slovenia): Hemptouch Balancing Face Cream, formulated with hemp extracts such as hemp hydrolate, Cannabidiol (CBD) and hemp seed oil.
- Trifilon AB (Sweden): Trolley Case made of PP Hemp Fibre Trifilon BioLite, a polypropylene that is reinforced with 30% hemp fibres.
Participants from more than 40 countries are expected to attend the 16th EIHA Conference, the longest-running hemp gathering for professionals worldwide.